Hydrotherapy in conjunction with veterinary treatment can significantly improve the quality and rate of healing following surgery or traumatic injury. In these cases the appropriate use of hydrotherapy can help with rehabilitation and increase the chance of a successful return to full fitness. Hydrotherapy is also beneficial in young growing dogs diagnosed with developmental conditions.
Hydrotherapy has specific therapeutic effects on body tissues
• Relief of pain, swelling & stiffness
• Muscle strengthening and maintenance.
• Alleviating muscle spasm.
• Increased range of motion in joints
• Improved circulation
• Cardiovascular fitness (heart & lungs)
• Increased tissue healing
• Increased speed of recovery
• Gait modification
• Increased proprioception
• Increased core strength